Tuesday 29 January 2013

Hyberknitting?

I'm doing a lot of weather complaining right now. With the wind chill, it's -42c! That's worth complaining about, don't you agree? I mean really... one can spit and it freezes before it hits the ground. I can't imagine what happens to the four-legged creatures trying to do their business outside! I just want to 'hyberknit'... you know... that act of curling up on the sofa with your big fuzzy blanket, knitting and drinking away the chills while watching the frozen world pass you by.
Knitmonton.ca photo

Yes, I know I really don't have the right to complain... I have a warm home, a car that works and a job that's inside! I know all this, but still... isn't it our duty to complain when it gets that cold? I mean, IT'S -42!!!

It's also our duty to try and help others who are not so blessed. Hope Mission or Bissell Centre or YESS or iHuman have brilliant programs for the homeless and more vulnerable residents of Edmonton. Heck, you can even be creative with your help. Outside the Bissell Centre just before Christmas, strung up were 100+ scarves and toques for the taking... a scarf-bomb?

In this cold, I reminded that while that warm scarf is definitely needed... there is more that we can do. But I am also going to go home and hyberknit...

No comments:

Post a Comment